Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Watercolors LED Pool light dims out, then brightens

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Watercolors LED Pool light dims out, then brightens

My (120V) pool light dims & brightens the whole time it is on because it does not have the proper voltage going to the outside light junction box. I disconnected the wires at the outside junction box, the "hot" red wire only reads 30.6v, should be 120v. I opened the Power Center, traced the red wire from the outside light junction box to what looks like a relay box (above the circuit breakers) with 8 pins and checked the voltage there-30.6. So the voltage leaving the Power Center going to the light junction is box-30.6v. I changed the Ground Fault circuit breaker thinking that was it. No Change. Could this relay box be the problem?
    18,500 gal in-groud quartz (salt); Pentair IntelliFlo VS+SVRS; Jandy PureLink Water Purification Sys Power Center and cell kit (AquaLink RS)With PDA; (1) Jandy WaterColors LED 120V Pool Light; Jandy Cartridge Pool Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Jandy Watercolors LED Pool light dims out, then brightens

Welcome to the forum

Sounds strange, are you certain the LED is 120V to the light at the pool many LEDs are DC and use a 120V transformer at the equipment pad. Can we get a picture inside the relay box?
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Tes, I will send some pics. Also, I going do do another voltage check to make sure I am conveying the correct readings.
    18,500 gal in-groud quartz (salt); Pentair IntelliFlo VS+SVRS; Jandy PureLink Water Purification Sys Power Center and cell kit (AquaLink RS)With PDA; (1) Jandy WaterColors LED 120V Pool Light; Jandy Cartridge Pool Filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry for the misleading info. Okay. I did a voltage check. Last time I neglected to turn on the pool light from my PDA. I know--dumb! Here is what I found. 120v going to the outside light junction box. I pulled the light (120v CPHVLEDS100-Checked the model #), disassembled it, pulled the connectors off & checked the voltage-- 120v. I reassembled & reinstalled in the pool. I powered it up and it came on very bright. Within about 7 minutes, the bulbs dimmed then brightened up a little bit but not like when I first turned it on. As it was dimmed out, I checked the voltage at the outside light junction box. It was a steady 120v. Sounds as though the light engine is bad. Any thoughts?

5. Back To Top    #5

I would tend to agree the light engine is bad.

What happens when you turn it off then back on in a few minutes?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

It will start out bright (not as bright as if it has been off for a while) then starts to dim & brighten within 2 or 3 minutes. Is there a less expensive LED light replacement that will work with my remote? It would be nice to have a few colors, but not necessary to have as much as the light I have. Thank you for your response.

7. Back To Top    #7

There are less expensive lights. Look on Amazon. But I would expect the less expensive ones to be of lesser quality. Moreover there is no guarantee they will work with your PDA.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall