Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy rs temperature sensor

1. Back To Top    #1

Raleigh, NC

Jandy rs temperature sensor

Does anyone know is there an aftermarket temp sensor replacement for part# 7786. This is a 50' sensor for air/water/solar by Jandy? Thanks
    32,000 gallon inground plaster pool/spa combo spillover. Aqua Rite SWG. Jandy iAquaLink Control. Polaris 280 vac. Sheer Descent, Fiber optic deck jet water feature. Vanishing wall. Whisperflo pumps, Pentair clean and clear cartridge filters.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy rs temperature sensor

I haven't seen any.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

I believe all temp sensors are a standard 10k ohm thermistor and you can add as much wire to it as you want. You can use a Pentair sensor. And probably any other brand.

Edit: see post below for further information.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

katy, tx

I just ordered one off of Amazon. I think I searched for Pool temperature sensor or something similar. There are a bunch. The main thing is to make sure the one you order is curved to match the pipe.
    16,500 gallon in-ground pool and spa with Quartzscapes Midnight-blue and pretty sparkles
    Aqualink RS with PDA
    Jandy Pro Series Plus HP 2 HP 2 Speed Pump
    Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Louisiana

Pooldv, you are incorrect they tend to all be 10K sensors, but some have different curves so while they all read 10Kohms at 77 degrees F, the farther the temperature is away from that the more they may read wrong. This can be a big problem when it comes to freeze protection as it can shift the readout temperature by about 15-20 degrees one way or the other depending on which curve the individual product expects.

p.s. this is usually a minor issue if dealing with swim temperature measurements as the difference is only a degree or two at typical 85-90 degree swim temperatures.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~