Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green hot tub fix?

1. Back To Top    #1

Green hot tub fix?

Hello
    A friend of mine who Iíve started taking care of her pool wants to get a hot tub running thatís been sitting for literally years, what would be the best approach to get it running?

IMG_0280.JPG
    Pool- in ground 14K gallon concrete Pump- Pentair Whisperflo Filter Hayward s200 sand filter

Cleaner- Pentair 1993 Kreepy Krauly Test kit- Taylor K-2005

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Green hot tub fix?

I would say drain, manually clean/scrub as much as possible, then refill and function test the equipment to make sure it works. Or you could do a quick function test of the pump to ensure it moves water before draining so you don't end-up with fresh water that's going to just sit until the equipment gets repaired. Either way though, replace that spa water. Ensure your friend has a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C ready to test levels. Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a K-2005 that I've been using for her pool for a few months.
    Pool- in ground 14K gallon concrete Pump- Pentair Whisperflo Filter Hayward s200 sand filter

Cleaner- Pentair 1993 Kreepy Krauly Test kit- Taylor K-2005

4. Back To Top    #4

Add THIS ITEM to that and it becomes a K-2006 equivalent.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ahhsome is essential after confirming pump works and draining and cleaning tub.

Only after you get a clean run should you worry about a final full of clean water and proper testing to attain chemical balance. This is CRITICAL to assure safety of use! That may be he nastiest spa pic I've seen. GROSS!

Ahh-Some Water Cleanser for Your Pool, Hut Tub, Jet Bath, Swim Spa and Washing Machine -

15000 gal in-ground rectangular concrete/pebble-tech pool. Hot Springs Prodigy 325 gal spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Scoop out the solids, and check function. If at least the pump and circulation works.. Shock/chlorine it big time and run it for a while.. make sure all the piping gets a good cleansing, then drain and clean.
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)