Controlling skimmer suction

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I am wondering if I have my valves set correctly to control my skimmer flow. First of all here is my setup... My skimmers and my jets are on the same side of my pool. From what I was told, both my skimmers are on the same line. The other day I was playing around with it and had it set different than normal and both skimmers were sucking a whole lot harder than usual. I have a three position valve and if you are standing looking at it the valve is pointing towards me. From there I can go left or right. The other day I had it turned to the right I believe and it had tons more suction than usual. I turned it back because I was afraid I was hurting something, but that suction sure looked like it would skim a lot better and keep my pool cleaner.

Pictures might be good, in general I wold say if the flow out of the return jets is not any slower than normal then you are not constraining the suction supply to the pump and by extension the pump is not working any harder than normal. If the result is better skimming I say go with it.

Sounds like one side of 3-way valve is for the skimmers and other side is the main drain. If you turn it opposite of full skimming what happens? If the skimmers turn off but you still have good pressure then you are probably pulling from bottom drain

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.