Should I use TWO filters???

May 31, 2009
I'm new to the forum & would appreciate any sharing of wisdom from any "ol' pros" out there! Pool of 27K gallons, 1 1/2" PVC, 2-Hp pump & Hayward 24" 244T sand filter, normal back-pressure of about 20 psi. After 15 yrs of use the Sand filter started splitting at the seam so I ordered a new one. Through a mix-up I now have TWO new filters! We're back up and running with one installed, now using Zeolite filter media, instead of sand. Does it make any sense to install the second filter in parallel, thus halving the load on each filter? Another factor is I am constructing a solar heater array in which return water will be forced through six collectors each of 250-ft coils of 1/2-inch black poly tubing before returning to the pool. Is there any gain from installing the second filter in parallel? Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Your psi would drop in half and the system would operate more efficiently.

Then you would have two filters to clean and maintain......not worth it, IMO. One very large filter is the best answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.