Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Booster Pump Spraying Water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Booster Pump Spraying Water?

This is my first post so I hope all this looks OK to you guys.

Today I happened to walk out to my equipment while the booster pump was running and noticed a spray of water out of the booster pump:

Not sure how that happened in that exact location, but it's pretty apparent to me something needs to be replaced.

My question is, do I have to replace that entire pump or just the front cap that is bolted onto the pump, where the hoses are attached?

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Booster Pump Spraying Water?

Looks to me like it is a crack in the housing. If you can find the parts, you could just replace the front housing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

OK great, thanks for replying!

So, on my pump, there is a tag that says "Polaris Pool Systems PB-4 Booster Pump".

When I look that up, I see PB4-60. Not sure what the "-60" means? Is that what I'm looking for?

Also, there are two options for the front housing replacement: The "old style" and the "new style":

old style: Polaris PB-4 Booster Pump Face Plate P5

new style: R0536300 PB4-60 Front Housing (New Style)

Mine seems to look more like the old style. Does that seem like what I need?

Thanks again!

4. Back To Top    #4

The old style looks closer to me too.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater