Automatic cover question

Jul 27, 2016
Texas
We are almost certain that we will be putting in a Leisure pools ultimate fiberglass pool. This pool has a built in spa with walls that are the same height as the main pool walls. Is it possible to do a udermount automatic cover with this pool? The dealer in my area contracts out the automatic cover and his rep told him he thinks it can be done but that he has to look at the pool first. This isn't really possible until the pool is in the ground. An automatic cover is something I want in the pool, and I will pick another pool design without the spa if there is no way to do it.

The Ultimate | Leisure Pools USA

My cover is from a company called Pennco, based in Havertown, PA. As I recall, their website had a number of videos of covers on various pool configurations including irregularly shaped pools and pools with spas. Maybe that will be enough to find out if it's possible with your pool.

That being said, it surprises me that your company's rep wouldn't be able to tell if they can design a cover based on the specs and drawings of your pool design, or even a verbal description.

I hope you love having the auto cover as much as we do. In the spring and early summer I covered the pool every night to retain heat that had built up during sunny days and control evaporation. Now, in mid-summer, I find I'm doing the opposite: leaving it open during the night to try to cool off the water (it's been as high as 91°) and keeping it closed during the day when we're not swimming to retain the chlorine. It's also handy during downpours like we had last night to keep the pool from overflowing. Good luck!

It is possible to do a cover on a pool with a spa at the end. Do you know the cover dealer or brand that the builder is working with? The most common way to do a pool with a spa is a "Pool in Pool" auto cover. This will accommodate what you are looking for. Any pool builder that knows what they are doing should be able to accommodate this. I have seen it done many times with fiberglass.

We have a slightly raised side spa that has a foot and a half recessed spill over that still spills over with the cover closed. It's more for water turnover than visual. We have a separate three piece cover for the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.