Cloudiness in my pool

ddigz

Jun 15, 2016
Southington, CT
I've had problems with my pool being cloudy the last week or so.

Current test results

FC 4
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 130
CH 175
CYA 30

I hadn't used the pool over the weekend, and hadn't vacuumed in a week. There was a lot of dirt on the floor of pool. I vacuumed it up yesterday, and also noticed low pressure coming out of the return. I took cartridge out and sprayed it with the hose, but used no cleaning agent since I had none. I figured spraying it was better than nothing. There was a LOT of yellow and crud/scum on the cartridge, which I'm assuming is dirt and pollen. Put it back white, and the return was pushing out strong as ever.

However, the PSI on my pressure gauge did not drop. It was 15 before cleaning, and not 15 after. Odd, especially considering the return is pushing out a lot more water.

So now my pool is blue, but cloudy. Not greenish, or whitish, but just a cloudy blue. I can see the bottom, but it is hazy. I did an overnight chlorine loss test monday and tuesday, and am not losing chlorine over night. Have been running pump constantly since cleaning last night, but i'm still cloudy.

Any suggestions?

You may have a couple things to consider:
- A bad gauge (does it go to zero when you shut-off the system?)
- Beginning of an algae bloom. Might want to do an overnight (OCLT) test to be sure.

Also, do you use a skimmer sock in your poolside skimmer? A cheap, great item to have to catch a lot if junk before it hits the main filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.