Proper water circulation (pool w/attached spa)

tubngo

Jul 8, 2016
Santa Clarita/CA
I've included a picture that'll hopefully answer questions you may have. My attached spa is the same level as the pool and normally just flowed into the pool with bubbles. What I've noticed as I've switch to the TFPC method, my chlorine and MA additions weren't circulating which has given me brown spots in my plaster. I put my hand in the pool where the return jets are and noticed no flow because it's all dedicated to the spa portion. Today, I turned my valve halfway so both the pool and spa are circulating now, but the bubbles don't flow from the spa into the pool anymore. My question is, which is the correct way for proper circulation?

I get a LOT of direct sunlight and need to figure this out before I go broke from all the chlorine I'm buying lol.

pool.jpg

I've marked my return jets with x's in the image below with a different angle.

View attachment 52627

The way you currently have it with the valve sharing between both pool and spa should work, I would even go as far as giving the pool a bit more of the flow since the spa is small by comparison. I would also point all the returns spa included in the same direction either clockwise or counter clockwise to create a whirlpool effect.

85% of my return water goes to pool and the rest goes to spa. I have Jandy 2444 actuator valves and it's always the same, spa spills over into pool. Once every other week or so I run the main drain on the spa and give it a good scrub while the water is being transfers to the pool to remove small particles. I have no trees but living in the desert there is dust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.