Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Proper water circulation (pool w/attached spa)

1. Back To Top    #1

Proper water circulation (pool w/attached spa)

I've included a picture that'll hopefully answer questions you may have. My attached spa is the same level as the pool and normally just flowed into the pool with bubbles. What I've noticed as I've switch to the TFPC method, my chlorine and MA additions weren't circulating which has given me brown spots in my plaster. I put my hand in the pool where the return jets are and noticed no flow because it's all dedicated to the spa portion. Today, I turned my valve halfway so both the pool and spa are circulating now, but the bubbles don't flow from the spa into the pool anymore. My question is, which is the correct way for proper circulation?

I get a LOT of direct sunlight and need to figure this out before I go broke from all the chlorine I'm buying lol.

pool.jpg

I've marked my return jets with x's in the image below with a different angle.

jetlocations.jpg
    13,000 gallon kidney shaped plaster pool with spillover spa
    Taylor K-2006 test kit (switching to TF-100 after I use this up)
    Hayward Navigator

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Proper water circulation (pool w/attached spa)

The way you currently have it with the valve sharing between both pool and spa should work, I would even go as far as giving the pool a bit more of the flow since the spa is small by comparison. I would also point all the returns spa included in the same direction either clockwise or counter clockwise to create a whirlpool effect.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you so much @atttech-2
    13,000 gallon kidney shaped plaster pool with spillover spa
    Taylor K-2006 test kit (switching to TF-100 after I use this up)
    Hayward Navigator

4. Back To Top    #4

85% of my return water goes to pool and the rest goes to spa. I have Jandy 2444 actuator valves and it's always the same, spa spills over into pool. Once every other week or so I run the main drain on the spa and give it a good scrub while the water is being transfers to the pool to remove small particles. I have no trees but living in the desert there is dust.
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.