Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflow 3hp VS pump no power

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflow 3hp VS pump no power

Yesterday we took a lightning strike close enough to the house to trip some inside the house GFCI breakers and reset all our electronics in the house. Or a direct hit to the power line to house and shop. Noticed pool wasn't running earlier an went to investigate. Panel is powered from secondary meter separate from house using 60amp service to the pool panel. 60amp breaker was ok but the 220v 20amp breaker off control panel was tripped. I have power to the panel and have reset the clock. Clorinator comes on. As does the cleaner booster pump. But cannot get pump to come on. Intelliflo 3hp VS pump. Any suggestions? It's raining here currently so I cannot open up panels and test power to pump currently.

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflow 3hp VS pump no power

Rain slacked up enough to do alittle troubleshooting. Have power all the way to the pump connection. No power on screen or pump still not runnable

Pentair Intellifo 011018

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you have surge protection on the pump power lines? If not, it is probably a fried drive and it is just as expensive to replace as it is to buy new.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

No surge protection. Didn't even know I needed it. But it will have one when I get this fixed. Will need to determine where to put it and have it installed.

Could use some advice on surge protectors or thread link I can check out.
    My pool build

5. Back To Top    #5

We have been trying to get the word out: Surge Protection
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

In the Industry

PS3000
    , One of many you could use

7. Back To Top    #7

Just updating.....Found power all the way to pump...Drive unit was fried on pump...Locally a drive unit kit(pool store actually had one on shelf) was $975. Purchased a whole new pump for $1096 tax included. Could have gotten both on internet cheaper but pool hadn't had a pump circulating for a few days and I didn't want it to go any longer. So I bought a new pump...

Strange thing my old pump would not communicate with the Easy Touch control panel so we programed the panel and pump separately. New pump communicates with the panel so we now have everything programed thru the panel.
    My pool build