Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Free Chlorine Test using Taylor K-2006

Free Chlorine Test using Taylor K-2006

I have a question regarding the instructions using the Taylor Technologies test kit K-2006. In the instructions (http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... umber=5811), it mentions about adding 2 dippers of R-0870. Swirl until dissolved. If free chlorine is present, sample will turn pink. Do you continue to proceed to the next step as far as adding the R-0871 if no free chlorine is present? Thanks in advance.

Yup. That's because combined chlorine won't show up in a free chlorine test. More than likely if you don't have any FC, you have some CC.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you the same MWSmith2 that wrote the bleachcalc program? If so, I wanted to say a big THANKS!!! and say GREAT JOB... What language is it written in?

Yup, that's me. Glad to see it's helpful for ya! It's written in visual basic.

Michael