Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot pump program question

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Autopilot pump program question

I want to replace my existing SWG and external timer with the Autopilot Pool Pilot Digital. I have downloaded the manual and read it, but its not overly clear on what options I can set for the 2 pump programs.

I figure I can set start/stop times. Can I set level of chlorine generation (%age) in the program, or do they both use the same global value?

The reason is that I would like to run pump twice/day. At night, I have a couple of water jets attached to the returns to cool the pool water overnight. These work great, but would prefer they be water only w/o chlorine, as I am suspecting I am losing a %age of my freshly generated chlorine to the air-evaporation from the jets. Would then run the second program during part of day to inject the chlorine.

Is this possible with it?
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Autopilot pump program question

Anyone using the Autopilot to control their pump? If so, does the pump program allow you to select the level of chlorine (%age) as part of the program, or is it only timers?
    Thanks
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the digital autopilot 220. I can manually change the level of chlorine production. In addition it automatically adjusts the level I choose based on the temperature. The only thing I dont like about the autopilot is that I can't hook it up to my AQUALINK.
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

4. Back To Top    #4

The AutoPilot does not allow the percentage to be set differently for different pump timers.

However, they change the software revisions periodically so it’s always best to see if the newest revisions will do what you want.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Thanks for the replies.