New pool owner here... so please bear with me as I have searched the forum the past few days on this.
When my pool start up was completed, I started the TPC method of maintaining the pool. Sparkling water, test results spot on and all was great. These were cooler months as well. A little less than a month ago we had to have the installer come back out to do some stone work on the water fall from the spa area. They wet sanded (grinding) the rock to improve the flow and even it out, but left us with a mess in our pool to which they came back to clean up. Unfortunately unknown to me, they also mucked up my chlorine levels and CYA (chlorine loss) by adding pucks and chemicals to the pool like they were restarting (less acid). My chlorine loss is very evident, especially now with heat nearing 100' here in Texas. I have since added conditioner as well as bleach (6%) to reasonable levels and it is getting better each day, though I think we still need to keep pushing a bit as some algae has appeared in our wading areas and sun facing pool sides (limited), so brushing is a daily requirement as well. Current levels measured today - FC = 3.5, PH = 7.5, CYA = below 20 (added liquid conditioner today - 2 gallons) but I expect a drop in Chlorine due to CYA level being low and temps this week.
My question is that we have pucks in the inline feeder. Should I remove them and should I close the flow through the inline chlorinator as I move back to only bleach for the pool?