Trouble: Blue Dye in Pool Water

Jul 27, 2016
Cocoa
Re: Adding Blue Dye to pool water

Party pool, it can stain if you use too much! Also gets filtered out rather quickly.

I used the green PARTY POOL GREEN DYE for my salt water pool. It has completely messed up my pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still trying to get it back to normal and its been almost 3 weeks already...I now have so much algae growing in it as well....the filter takes an hour to get some of the dye out, have cleaned it 4 times right now, some of the dye is floating around like oil spots in the pool...at this point we may have to drain half of my 20,0000 gallon pool to fix it.....I need help, have added chlorine, salt and muradic acid at different times.....now it looks dark green after cleaning down the walls.....HELP! Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Please note I separated your very first post since the one you replied to was over 6 years old. It's best we keep your thread fresh, plus it looks like you may have some other chemistry issues that may come into play. Can you confirm what test kit you are using to test your water?

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Don’t forget to include your test kit in the signature. :)

Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.