Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easy, cheap way to fill your TF-100's graduated cylinders

1. Back To Top    #1

Easy, cheap way to fill your TF-100's graduated cylinders

I just thought I'd throw this out there. I've been using a small pipette to fill my graduated cylinders and it takes multiple squeezes. I ran over to Walmart to see what they had to make it faster. I grabbed one of these, 97. Or you can splurge and get a colored ketchup and mustard (oh, the horror!) pair for $1.97. Makes it really easy to fill to the mark for different tests:

25k outdoor in-ground 18'x36' vinyl pool; Jandy TruClear SWCG; Pentair Whisperflo 3/4 HP WFE-3 pump; Sta-Rite S8M150 System:3 Modular Media 450 sqft filter; Intermatic Freeze Sentry PF1103T
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easy, cheap way to fill your TF-100's graduated cylinders

I bet that does work well! I will be picking one up today! THANKS! Cheap and big enough to get a whole set of tests worth of water.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

A great idea. I use a turkey baster myself which allows me to get the sample from a few inches down without getting my hands wet.

Sent with Tapatalk on HTC Ten
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

I use a free bottle I got from Leslie's, when I needed salt.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, I use the Leslie's bottle they gave me (actually have two) when I used to take my water to them, have them test it (not precisely enough), and then pay them $100 every trip for something that fixes the last thing they had me do.
    20,000 gallons, In Ground, Pebble Sheen, DE Filter, Jandy 2 Speed, Attached Ground Level Spa, Polaris cleaner with dedicated pump, Ozone Generator, TF 100 w/ SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

But I really like their pool salt, which is the only thing I've bought there.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #7

same here, cheap turkey baster, I dip it about 13 inches down in the deep end til the bulb is submerged then get the sample.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by _Eric_ View Post
    I just thought I'd throw this out there. I've been using a small pipette to fill my graduated cylinders and it takes multiple squeezes. I ran over to Walmart to see what they had to make it faster. I grabbed one of these, 97. Or you can splurge and get a colored ketchup and mustard (oh, the horror!) pair for $1.97. Makes it really easy to fill to the mark for different tests:

Exactly what I use and it works great!
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system

9. Back To Top    #9

If you have an empty 8oz R-0013 CYA Reagent bottle handy that works very well also.
    11K In ground, plaster with spillover spa.
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump. Easytouch control with wired EasyTouch 8 remote and Screenlogic2 Interface.
    Pentair 250K Mastertemp Heater. All important TF100 test kit.
    SW Florida

10. Back To Top    #10

That is exactly what I have also. 88 cents from walmart. Works great. Put mine in the water upside down til I get about 2ft down and then turn it upright

Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer

11. Back To Top    #11

A great idea! One TFP expert suggested a cheap syringe from ebay and it works well, too.
    25,000 Gal, in-ground w/ vinyl liner
    Hayward SP2303VSP (1.5 HP) / DE filter (4820)
    Aqua Rite SWG / T-CELL-9 (v1.5)
    Polaris 380, PB4-60 Booster Pump (post-2012) / Aqua Heat Pump (S95)
    TF-100 Test Kit with Speedstir

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yep, I use the Leslie's bottle they gave me (actually have two) when I used to take my water to them, have them test it (not precisely enough), and then pay them $100 every trip for something that fixes the last thing they had me do.
    Me too.
    14,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

I stopped by a local pharmacy and bought a bunch of 10ml syringes for 25 each - fast easy accurate

although I do have the same bottle you showed - I use it to squirt liquid chlorine into the niches behind my lights once a week
    30,000 gal IG 20x40 8ft deep end vinyl liner in NE Ohio DOB Sept 2012
    Hayward 4820 DE filter, Hayward SP2610x15 1.5HP single speed pump
    Hayward H400FDN natural gas heater, Frog min'l/Cl2 system (not in use)
    autocover, Dolphin DX4 cleaner, well water, TF100 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

I have a sciency plastic bottle i picked up on Amazon. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/ACM-Economy-B...9824537&sr=1-2

I like the bent tip and the fact that i don't need to invert to squeeze the water.
    John - 16,000 gallon | in ground | pebble | Triton II sand filter | TF100 | speedstir | Hayward Phoenix 2x