Pool Slide Repair

May 13, 2016
Savannah, GA
I bought a new house last fall that has a pool slide and when I finally gave her a good scrubbing/cleaning I realized there is about a 1.5" inch crack in the middle at the very bottom. Because the house is a bit of a fixer-upper, it has been on the back burner for some time. I'd now like to fix the crack, but I'm hoping someone may have a suggestion as to how to do that without removing the slide and putting it aside. The screws bolting it into the concrete are extremely worn and stripped. While that will need to be fixed at some point, the pool itself is very stable so I don't see a reason to take the whole thing out during swimming season if I can help it.

I was thinking about sanding the area with a little plastic kiddie pool sitting underneath the end to catch debris and then applying marine-grade epoxy to get it into working order. In the fall I'll probably take it out and repaint it and replace the screws, but looking for a safe option that can work till the end of swim season. I'd appreciate any ideas or thoughts anyone has.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.