Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Slide Repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Slide Repair

I bought a new house last fall that has a pool slide and when I finally gave her a good scrubbing/cleaning I realized there is about a 1.5" inch crack in the middle at the very bottom. Because the house is a bit of a fixer-upper, it has been on the back burner for some time. I'd now like to fix the crack, but I'm hoping someone may have a suggestion as to how to do that without removing the slide and putting it aside. The screws bolting it into the concrete are extremely worn and stripped. While that will need to be fixed at some point, the pool itself is very stable so I don't see a reason to take the whole thing out during swimming season if I can help it.

I was thinking about sanding the area with a little plastic kiddie pool sitting underneath the end to catch debris and then applying marine-grade epoxy to get it into working order. In the fall I'll probably take it out and repaint it and replace the screws, but looking for a safe option that can work till the end of swim season. I'd appreciate any ideas or thoughts anyone has.
    23,000 gallon IG vinyl pool, Sand Filter Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve Model

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Slide Repair

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Thank you for your reply and for those links. The main thing I am attempting to do differently than the projects in those links is to see if I can repair the crack without disassembling the slide, i.e. repair it in its current spot at the pool. Do you see any way of doing this effectively or would I have to remove it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Bumping thread to see if anyone else has any insight on repairing slide without removing it.