How does this valve work?

gerg

Jul 18, 2016
Philly Suburbs
We just closed on a house today and I'm trying get a handle on how the filter setup works. I'm pretty well sorted except I'm not sure what the white valve in the middle does. I assume it's the ratio of skimmer vs main drain but the markings on the valve are worn off and not readable. The skimmer is coming in on the left and the main drain is coming in on the right but not sure which way does what. Also, see the black pipe sticking straight up in front of the chlorinator? Any idea on what that might be? I sprayed some water in it to see what would happen and now it's just full of water, it didn't drain out anywhere :confused:

Link to picture: http://i.imgur.com/vxyxLku.jpg

It switches between 2 suction lines. Could be skimmer and floor drain or skimmer and skimmer or skimmer and vacuum port. I am not sure how those valve handles select the flow, Google it ;)

No idea what the other black pipe is. Could be an old suction line our return line for a cleaner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.