Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How does this valve work?

1. Back To Top    #1

Philly Suburbs

How does this valve work?

We just closed on a house today and I'm trying get a handle on how the filter setup works. I'm pretty well sorted except I'm not sure what the white valve in the middle does. I assume it's the ratio of skimmer vs main drain but the markings on the valve are worn off and not readable. The skimmer is coming in on the left and the main drain is coming in on the right but not sure which way does what. Also, see the black pipe sticking straight up in front of the chlorinator? Any idea on what that might be? I sprayed some water in it to see what would happen and now it's just full of water, it didn't drain out anywhere

Link to picture:
    22,500 gallon in ground pool with vinyl liner. DE filter. Taylor K-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How does this valve work?

It switches between 2 suction lines. Could be skimmer and floor drain or skimmer and skimmer or skimmer and vacuum port. I am not sure how those valve handles select the flow, Google it

No idea what the other black pipe is. Could be an old suction line our return line for a cleaner?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!