Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite t15 malfunction.

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite t15 malfunction.

Anyone ever had any issues with their T15 system reporting high salt? The system will run normally and produce cholorine, but after running for a while the light that says high salt turns on. Salt is 3200 on the system and about 3100 when checked manually. Also chlorine is a little low at about 3ppm, but probably because its maybe not running all day correctly. The system was running perfectly fine at about 40%, and recently got moved up to 60% because i noticed cholorine was a little low. The SWG system is about 3 years old.

PH 7.2-4
    Chlorine about 3ppm
    TA is about 70
    CYA low at about 45
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquarite t15 malfunction.

The AquaRite is prone to getting a high salt/amps error when the amps hit 8 (I think that itís mostly 8 for AquaRite but some of the automation software might go a little over 8 before shutting down).

The amps are dependent on salinity and water temperature. If the water is warm, you have to keep the salinity down. If the water is over about 85, you need to begin to maintain lower salt.

If the water is over 90 and the cell is after a heater, then you have to keep the salt as low as possible (2,800 to 3,000).

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you very much, that makes a lot of sense. So is that why it starts working for an hr or so then goes into that mode? When ever i turn it off and turn it back on it starts working again.
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Check diagnostics when you turn it on to see what the amps are.

5. Back To Top    #5

They around 6.8 to 7.8 when it's working and when it went to high salt it doesn't say anything just a line. , I replaced some water and seems to be working now. So hopefully it continues.