intex filter problem

Jul 26, 2016
Hull
Hello i have the intex 1000 GPH filter i believe(it takes the cartridge A filter and the filter cartridge is getting squished and sucked in like. I do not understand why, we got the right filter part(it came with it) And the filter was brand new(bought it as a upgrade for a 12 X 30 pool)

We used this same cartridge filter for 2 summers before upgrading to a sand filter this summer. I had that happen a time or two, but I don't think that bad.

Did you follow the instructions on opening the plunger valves in the correct order and the air valve until water came out? Also make sure the filter is setting flat all the way down in the housing. One other thing, I think if the filter gets to old it will start to do things like that. Have you used it more than 2 weeks?

Maybe post a picture of your pump showing the hoses connected to the pool. That might help for someone to be able to give you more information.

Also, add your pool information to your signature.

Maybe the experts will have better information soon.

Thanks! Updated not too sure if i need anymore info there but that is what i got :) We just went out and bought another filter for the pump to see. The pump is new but about a month ago. It does make some noise not too sure if it's normal or not. I most likely will contact the company for some help on this also.

Not seeing signature but in case

Bestway fast set pool 12 X 30
Intex krystal clear 750gal filter pump #637r

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.