New Guy from California

Thanx for the replies, here is my situation. I have 16X38 in ground plaster fresh water pool, 27,300 gallons. I am tired of the advice I am receiving from Leslie's. One of the test test shows CYA at 50, three later test shows CYA at 250. I have been using test strips. However, I just ordered the TF-100xl with speed stir. My current problem, besides having no idea what I am doing is that I cannot keep my FC level current. I shock one night next day strip reads 5-6, two days later it is at zero. I have attached a pic of the pump works, but I do not know how to work the valves if I need to dump water to bring CYA level down. I have been searching this forum looking for answers.

Thanx,
Paul

IMG_20160726_180228.jpgIMG_20160726_180239.jpg

Test kit ordered Check :goodjob:
Can we get a couple more pictures from the side, one from the pump looking towards the filter and one from the filter looking towards the pump? there is a lot of plumbing there and I can't quite see it all. When you get your kit and get a real CYA number we can suggest a course of action. If the CYA is above 100 you will want to dilute the pool water 1:1 with tap or bottled water and multiply the results by 2

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

That is where I am maxed out. Will do Photobucket

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting plumbing looks like things have been changed over the years. I don't see any obvious way to drain water should it be needed perhaps someone sees something I don't.

A Few options in no particular order

1.) Get a submersible pump 2.) remove the pressure gauge at the end of the pad put it back on wiht a threaded T fitting and add a standard hose bib to the parallel port of the T 3.) tap a hose bib into the cap on the bottom left of the last picture or cut the cap off and add one with a threaded port for a hose bib

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.