Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Guy from California

1. Back To Top    #1

New Guy from California

Just checking in, have a in ground fresh water pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Guy from California

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanx for the replies, here is my situation. I have 16X38 in ground plaster fresh water pool, 27,300 gallons. I am tired of the advice I am receiving from Leslie's. One of the test test shows CYA at 50, three later test shows CYA at 250. I have been using test strips. However, I just ordered the TF-100xl with speed stir. My current problem, besides having no idea what I am doing is that I cannot keep my FC level current. I shock one night next day strip reads 5-6, two days later it is at zero. I have attached a pic of the pump works, but I do not know how to work the valves if I need to dump water to bring CYA level down. I have been searching this forum looking for answers.

Thanx,
    Paul

IMG_20160726_180228.jpgIMG_20160726_180239.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

Well, now you know why we say not to trust pool store test results. Order a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. I've been buying mine there for years. It is the best value, here's why, Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Edit: oops, missed that you ordered a test kit.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Test kit ordered Check
    Can we get a couple more pictures from the side, one from the pump looking towards the filter and one from the filter looking towards the pump? there is a lot of plumbing there and I can't quite see it all. When you get your kit and get a real CYA number we can suggest a course of action. If the CYA is above 100 you will want to dilute the pool water 1:1 with tap or bottled water and multiply the results by 2
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

7. Back To Top    #7

I would add more pics, but it says I am maxed out.

8. Back To Top    #8

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.
    That is where I am maxed out. Will do Photobucket

- - - Updated - - -

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Interesting plumbing looks like things have been changed over the years. I don't see any obvious way to drain water should it be needed perhaps someone sees something I don't.

A Few options in no particular order

1.) Get a submersible pump 2.) remove the pressure gauge at the end of the pad put it back on wiht a threaded T fitting and add a standard hose bib to the parallel port of the T 3.) tap a hose bib into the cap on the bottom left of the last picture or cut the cap off and add one with a threaded port for a hose bib
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!