Super white cloudy water after SHOCKING

Jul 5, 2015
Birmingham, AL
I went to the pool store Saturday they told me to add a whole bottle of Phosphate remover and wait 48 hours, then add 3lbs of shockwave "chlorine " to my pool and then 24 hours to vacuum it and add a half of a bottle of Algaecide. I just added end the 3lbs of shockwave yesterday and my pool is SO white I can't see the bottom. Is this normal!??? Seems to me like they told me to add too much shockwave.
Current readings from my salt pool balance test strips;

TH- d high
TC - b ideal
FC- a low
pH- very high
TA- in between ok & high
St- a low

Also, the SWG is not working so I unhooked it yesterday.

Re: Super white cloudy water after SLAM

Well, unfortunately you are not actually performing a "SLAM", you simply followed pool store "shock" procedures and were talked into spending money on products that won't work. What's the difference? The TFP SLAM will work, theirs won't. If you want to perform a true SLAM, please follow the procedures in the SLAM link below in my sig and use one of the recommended test kits - either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. Post those numbers as soon as you can. I would also caution you to not add any other pool store products to your water and they typically cause more problems (side effects). Rely solely on regular liquid bleach as your chlorine supplement.

Also for consideration, all the stuff they had you add may have complicated issues by adding metals. You may find it better (later) to simply drain and refill. If you do, please see the TFP Pool School page and follow the recommended levels from there.

Last July you posted about your pool being green, you were told to SLAM the pool, you disappeared.

In May you posted about your pool being green when you opened, I told you that you needed a recommended test kit and to SLAM, you disappeared.

Now you post that I assume your pool was green, you went to the pool store wasted money and the pool is now white. You have been told you need a test kit and that you need to SLAM. Are you going to disappear again?

Maybe the 3rd time is the charm? :scratch:

Order a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net and take control of your pool. My pool has not been green for a single day since it was filled in 2012. I have never drained any water from it. I have never missed a day of swimming when we wanted to swim.

Here is the whole entire list of chems that I have put in my pool
Water
Salt
Muriatic acid
20 Team Mule Borax to raise Borates
Bleach
1 spilled drink
Calcium chloride to raise CH

I have probably spent less in five pool seasons than you spend in one trip to the pool store.

Before I joined TFP my Intex pools were green plenty of times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.