Chlorine drop test question

FirstVallartaPool

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2016
Puerto Vallarta mexico
I tested 10.5 [21 drops] FC but when I go to do the CC test I'm a little confused. When the colour goes clear from pink then that is the total number of drops to Record? Because if I let it sit for a minute or so it eventually turns back to pink from clear. I'm at 15 drops now and still eventually returning to pink?
Thanks

Yes it will turn pink if you just let it sit. When your doing the fc test. Count the drops till clear. Add 5 drops of r-0003. If you get pink again. Count till clear. If you dont get pink the test is over. The first is FC, the second test is CC.

Yup.
If you let the solution sit too long, it will turn pink again because some of the other chemicals in the water start to oxidize.

to test for CC - Do not let the solution sit for more than maybe 10 seconds after it goes clear, then add the R0003.
If its pink after adding R0003, then add R0871 by 1 drop at a time until its clear again.

When Im testing, I take the caps off of both the R003 and the R0871 and have them ready to go without any waiting around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.