Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking into getting a pool - equipment builder and construction technique questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking into getting a pool - equipment builder and construction technique questions

Hi, I am looking into building a small 14x27 vinyl liner pool.

I met and got quote from 5 PBs and after removing the one outlier, I am left with 4 PBs with very similar price. They were all sounding knowledgeable and have good reputation ( as far as I can tell)

2 of them are offering Hayward, 1 Pentair and the last one is using Jandy. Is one brand really better than the other or its all very similar?

2 of them have 5y workmanship warranty and are building the deck support with sonotube while the 2 other are installing what they call x-frame support (not sure about the terminology here) every 2ft and their claim is that its the better method but oddly enough, only offer a 3y workmanship warranty. What should I be looking for here?

Thanks for your help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking into getting a pool - equipment builder and construction technique quest

There is not enough difference in brands to make a decision based on brand. The difference would be in the details of what is included. For example, one might be offering a variable speed pump and another might not. Or one might use a larger filter.

If you want a ranking, my research let me to believe that from best to good in your list would be Jandy, Pentair, Hayward. Still should not matter much though.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator