Looking into getting a pool - equipment builder and construction technique questions

Jul 21, 2016
Ontario/Canada
Hi, I am looking into building a small 14x27 vinyl liner pool.

I met and got quote from 5 PBs and after removing the one outlier, I am left with 4 PBs with very similar price. They were all sounding knowledgeable and have good reputation ( as far as I can tell)

2 of them are offering Hayward, 1 Pentair and the last one is using Jandy. Is one brand really better than the other or its all very similar?

2 of them have 5y workmanship warranty and are building the deck support with sonotube while the 2 other are installing what they call x-frame support (not sure about the terminology here) every 2ft and their claim is that its the better method but oddly enough, only offer a 3y workmanship warranty. What should I be looking for here?

Thanks for your help

There is not enough difference in brands to make a decision based on brand. The difference would be in the details of what is included. For example, one might be offering a variable speed pump and another might not. Or one might use a larger filter.

If you want a ranking, my research let me to believe that from best to good in your list would be Jandy, Pentair, Hayward. Still should not matter much though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.