Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cost of New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Beverly, Ma

Cost of New Pool

Hi new to the forum.

I'm looking to install a pool nextspring. I am looking at the Gibraltar 16x24. I have done a lot ofreading and I found that this seems to be one of the best above ground options.Iím sure itís priced a bit more than other pools but it seems to be worth it.

I am looking for a price point. I want to know what I amlooking at for the pool I donít want a sales guy coming out to my house andselling me just yet.
    I know there are a lot of variables with site prep typesof filters and what not Iím just looking for a ballpark price so I know if I needto sell one of my kids or maybe a kidney too

So I ask the forum what I should be looking to spend?

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Ogden, UT

Re: Cost of New Pool

Really depends on your budget...
    Reserve a few hundred for a decent sand filter/pump, cleaning tools, TE-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit, bleach

Pool itself is whatever you like.. I have a Muskin 24' from sears that been standing for over 10 years.... You cant even get it anymore... If you are looking for a permanent fixture, something with rigid sides will be your best option
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't forget the costs to level the pool. Renting a tiller to till the ground, plate compactor to tamp it, styrofoam or a heavy duty tarp, etc.
    Intex Ultra Frame 20' x 52" AGP (28339TT)
    8,600 gallons, city water
    Sand filter, 1,600 GPH pump

4. Back To Top    #4
    Longview, Texas

The cost of the pool is the first part of the budget. Consider also, costs for any decking, landscaping, fencing if you need it and other such things. It can add up fairly quickly.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!