Far Skimmer stronger than near skimmer

63john

Jul 10, 2016
slidell
I have a 16,000 gunnite pool (east of New Orleans, La) and 'far' skimmer pulls water from Kreepy Krawler stronger than 'near' skimmer does. could the near skimmer underground PVC be clogged or is there any other reason? Any idea how to unclog? Would a water suction pump (out) do any good?

How are the skimmers tied together? Are they separate runs to the equipment pad or are they tied in series? Many times PB tie skimmers in series which typically makes one of them very ineffective.

Pool 15 years old built by Blue Haven 2001 and actually dont know whether "in series or separate" as didn't watch that part of construction. If one is ineffective then its not worth it to vacuum with a wet/dry shop vac ?

The way to know is to look at your equipment pad. On the suction side of the pool pump should be a pipe with various shut off valves. If you have two skimmers and a main drain in your pool, then there would be three separate pipes running to your pool pad and all going into the pump. If there's only two pipes, then something is tied together in series such as the two skimmers. Can you post a picture of your equipment pad?

My bet is that Matt is right and your skimmers are connected to the pump through one pipe.

If so, you will need this...Skimmer equalizer.jpg

It will equalize the flow with a clever valve and float underneath.

thanks Dave and Matt, this unit is placed in the not so strong skimmer hole above the suction hole but do exactly? What does it do exactly? or should i order two one for each? Who makes these Hayward inc., the company whose equipment Blue haven used? thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.