Sand filter/pump and return water pulsing.

Jun 30, 2015
raleigh/nc
Finished hooking up my upgrade sand filter system last night. Great suction and return BUT when I hook up my creepy Crawley lil shark everything starts pulsing. It's seems like it is sucking air from somewhere and the water coming out return into pool is inconsistent. Hoses at the filter are swinging from the pulsing. Any ideas? Obviously something with the Shark.

How are you adding water to the hose to keep it from getting air in it? That is a learned thing for sure. It takes some practice to fill the hose AND get it on the plate with out introducing air in to the line.

:kim:

1) The Shark has a pulsing valve in it to help it navigate in circles around a pool; hold that valve still (stop its pulsing) underwater to see if that's the source of your pulsing. If so, the pulsing is normal by design.

2) If neither the Shark's valve nor air in the vacuum line is causing the pulsing, try using fewer hose lengths on the shark. Start with just one length to see if the pulsing stops while holding the Shark's valve. If pulsing is not present with one length, add one more length at a time until pulsing begins again. Why? Because your pump's ability to suck properly may be overcome with additional fluid friction added by the Shark and its hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.