Hayward vs. Pentair THE DEBATE

Jul 8, 2016
La verne ca
Hi All,

I hear different opinions from every plumber I have give me a quote and this phase. PENTAIR VS. HAYWARD. I have heard every side of it from Pentair is built better. To Hayward has much better customer service and pentair will always give you the run around. Is there any real difference or truths to all this. System will be fully automated with iPhone remote system. Is there any real difference between Omnilogic and Easytouch? Do any of the actual pieces of equipment work better or last longer?

Thank you all for your help as I just cannot seem to make this decision!

Nope. It is ford v Chevy. Dealer v dealer. There are good and bad everywhere. Your best bet is to find a great PB and buy what they sell. My PB has a great relationship with Pentair and their local distributor and has no issues with warranty claims or service calls. I'm sure the story is the same for good PB'S who use Hayward. The PB's who can't get warranty service are most often the ones who aren't good customers to begin with. I am sure that Hayward and Pentair will both go out of their way to take care of their customers.

Pentair Screen logic makes it pretty easy. It is usually folks without Screen logic who have trouble programming their automation.

Totally NOT true!! (You and Brian must be in league!!) I can program my EasyTouch just fine using my old school RF remote. Monochrome 3-line LCDs forever!!!!

(Then again, I do prefer reverse-Polish notation (RPN) calculators, so that right there should be your first warning sign....)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Totally NOT true!! (You and Brian must be in league!!) I can program my EasyTouch just fine using my old school RF remote. Monochrome 3-line LCDs forever!!!!

(Then again, I do prefer reverse-Polish notation (RPN) calculators, so that right there should be your first warning sign....)

Wait, what? I am not even going to Google that to see if it is really a thing! :tongue:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.