manual vacuum

Jul 25, 2016
Chewelah, WA
My pool is a real mess. I this is my 3rd summer with this pool and Im having problems I don't recall from the previous years. From reading, I probably need to slam it, but I thought I should vacuum it to get the visable stuff off the bottom first. I am using a manual vacuum on my above-ground pool. when I turn on the pump to start the vacuum with the filter in the filter position, there is air coming into the pool through the return. i thought this was normal as the vacuum is working. After about 15 minutes, it seems like stuff is coming back into the pool through the return while I'm vacuuming. I have back washed and rinsed the filter twice But it continues to happen. Is it normal to have air coming through the system when I'm vacuuming? I is not happening when just running the filter, its pressure is always at around 15 psi. I have filled the pool as high as possible. any insight would be appreciated.

You have a suction side air leak. Somewhere between the pump and the skimmer(s), air is being sucked into the system. Find that leak and your issues will be solved. It sounds like your vacuum hose is leaking

Are you blowing the air out of the vacuum hose before hooking it up in the skimmer? 30ft of hose filled with air being sucked into your pump can be a real issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.