Hard plumbing for AGP

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
Really interested in hard plumbing my rig... been reading this thread..
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...8-Hard-Plumbed-Thru-Wall-Skimmer-and-Fountain

Im prolly going to change the liner and relevel next season and while im at it, going to add a wide mouth skimmer..

I would like to add a second return but not sure of the mechanics and leak prevention.

I currently have one return near the top of the water.. While it does create a great circ pattern, Id like to add one I can point towards the floor to get a better stir, as high desert and wind leave a nice layer of dust Im constantly trying to clean up.
Anyone ever add a 2nd return to a pool that only came with 1?

Pix would be greatly appreciated if you have any

I hear what you are saying on wanting lower circulation. Does your pool have a stainless steel panel for the skimmer and return? If so then cutting a hole for another return wouldn't be much as problem as rusting shouldn't be an issue with a stainless panel. Otherwise I'd really spray the new opening with lots of rust inhibitor/paint. As for leak prevention it's just the same as the other openings. Gaskets and tight pressure.

I didn't add a second return opening as my pool wall already had 2 in thr stainless panel, an upper and a lower. The lower one is about half way down the wall. I started using the upper but it's to close to the surface and makes a whirlpool and then an annoying suction noise so I moved the return to the bottom hole and made the upper one a suction port for the vacuum.

I hear what you are saying on wanting lower circulation. Does your pool have a stainless steel panel for the skimmer and return? If so then cutting a hole for another return wouldn't be much as problem as rusting shouldn't be an issue with a stainless panel. Otherwise I'd really spray the new opening with lots of rust inhibitor/paint. As for leak prevention it's just the same as the other openings. Gaskets and tight pressure.

I didn't add a second return opening as my pool wall already had 2 in thr stainless panel, an upper and a lower. The lower one is about half way down the wall. I started using the upper but it's to close to the surface and makes a whirlpool and then an annoying suction noise so I moved the return to the bottom hole and made the upper one a suction port for the vacuum.

Not sure if its stainless or aluminum... I didn't put the pool up (inherited)... Guess Ill buy the stuff for it when im ready and make the call when I can see what Im dealing with

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.