Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hard plumbing for AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Hard plumbing for AGP

Really interested in hard plumbing my rig... been reading this thread..
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...r-and-Fountain

Im prolly going to change the liner and relevel next season and while im at it, going to add a wide mouth skimmer..

I would like to add a second return but not sure of the mechanics and leak prevention.

I currently have one return near the top of the water.. While it does create a great circ pattern, Id like to add one I can point towards the floor to get a better stir, as high desert and wind leave a nice layer of dust Im constantly trying to clean up.
    Anyone ever add a 2nd return to a pool that only came with 1?

Pix would be greatly appreciated if you have any
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hard plumbing for AGP

I hear what you are saying on wanting lower circulation. Does your pool have a stainless steel panel for the skimmer and return? If so then cutting a hole for another return wouldn't be much as problem as rusting shouldn't be an issue with a stainless panel. Otherwise I'd really spray the new opening with lots of rust inhibitor/paint. As for leak prevention it's just the same as the other openings. Gaskets and tight pressure.

I didn't add a second return opening as my pool wall already had 2 in thr stainless panel, an upper and a lower. The lower one is about half way down the wall. I started using the upper but it's to close to the surface and makes a whirlpool and then an annoying suction noise so I moved the return to the bottom hole and made the upper one a suction port for the vacuum.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hard plumbing for AGP

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04 View Post
    I hear what you are saying on wanting lower circulation. Does your pool have a stainless steel panel for the skimmer and return? If so then cutting a hole for another return wouldn't be much as problem as rusting shouldn't be an issue with a stainless panel. Otherwise I'd really spray the new opening with lots of rust inhibitor/paint. As for leak prevention it's just the same as the other openings. Gaskets and tight pressure.

I didn't add a second return opening as my pool wall already had 2 in thr stainless panel, an upper and a lower. The lower one is about half way down the wall. I started using the upper but it's to close to the surface and makes a whirlpool and then an annoying suction noise so I moved the return to the bottom hole and made the upper one a suction port for the vacuum.
    Not sure if its stainless or aluminum... I didn't put the pool up (inherited)... Guess Ill buy the stuff for it when im ready and make the call when I can see what Im dealing with
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's