Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Equipment Location

1. Back To Top    #1

Tuttle Ok

Pool Equipment Location

Just looking at the many pool build threads here. So many beautiful pools! Eventually, I am going to have a pool installed in my yard when funds allow. Something that I would like to have is my pool equipment enclosed in a building or such. I was thinking about a pool side cabana with a room on the back side for the equipment. Does anyone have any examples of something like this that they have done? Is there any particular reason that many have their pool equipment on a a pad out in the open? Thanks.

14'X42'' Summer Escapes AGP
    2800 GPH Intex Pump with Hayward S166T Sand FIlter and Krystal Clear SWG
    TF-100 Test Kit w/K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Equipment Location

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    Is there any particular reason that many have their pool equipment on a a pad out in the open? Thanks.

Convenience and space. You'll find as many reasons as there are people. If I lived somewhere where houses are built on huge lots and space is available for a cabana/pool house, then I'd build one. But I live in the city where lots are of limited size and building codes preclude construction of pretty much anything that would be convenient, so the equipment sits on a pad at the side of the house.
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Tucson, Arizona

Like Geebot, space limitations preclude possibility of a large structure so I never considered it. Also, hiding the equipment was one of my goals. Without the option of a Cabana to hide the equipment behind, an equipment pad is easier for me to hide on my lot (and works for my climate) than a pool shed or other structure.
    Owner Build. 32x16, with 6x8 raised spa. Broke ground April 1, 2016, swimming July 18. Pentair Intelliflo VS + Whisperflo for Water features; Clean & Clear Filter 420; Master Temp Heater 400k BTU; Intellibrite 120V pool and spa lights; Regular ol' plaster.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

If you have room, keeping the equipment inside is a great idea, then can be anything from a small shed with a dirt floor on up
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~