Pump sounds good but basket has no water in it .
Pretty sure I got lucky & happened to catch it before it burned out, but maybe not, maybe she 's cooked because the pump ran with an empty basket for too long? Moto didn't feel hot, sounds ok, kind of "starts" ok (see below).
I noticed more air in the basket for last 2 weeks & I assumed it was a loose lid, finally got around to tapping the lid a little tighter then maybe 2 days later noticed this; maybe unrelated.
Here's the procedure & symptom(s) etc:
- I fill the basket with the garden hose until it overflows (happens way sooner than I am used too, curious, used to take longer & it'd start to "lower/drain" immediately so I'd hustle to seal it up & start the pump & even though the basket would be almost empty by the time the pump started it would soon draw the water to fill it; so curious, as if the "system is more closed than normal")
- seal up the basket with the lid,
- turn on pump,
- sounds great/normal,
- see the typical action in the basket,
- some air expels out the Returns (normal for me, but now I'd say it's a bit more air than the usual),
- then the basket empties in about 5-10 seconds after turning on the pump, as though the pump cannot suck water into the basket.
- I quick turn pump off to avoid overheating/destroying the motor; maybe she 's cooked because the pump ran with an empty basket for too long? But sounds ok, kind of "starts" ok
- there has been no change of the jandy valve, is set to draw from both skimmer & drain evenly
- I run the cleaner PoolSkim routinely but hadn't for maybe 1 week prior to this; I have not tried troubleshooting this issue via fiddling with the pool cleaner.
- I have not tried troubleshooting this issue in any way, just noticed last night at sundown
I must go to work now but when I come back online tonight I'll reply to your posts & of course Iíll search the site for similar posts, but if anyone has any good links that'll help me troubleshoot, that is appreciated.