Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 911- what did i just do!?!?!?!

1. Back To Top    #1

911- what did i just do!?!?!?!

Perhaps the dumbest moment of my life.

Went to add 10 pounds of baking soda to the pool to bring the TA up...got home, opened the box, dumped it in....

its ARM AND HAMMER...LAUNDRY DETERGENT. NOT BAKING SODA.

What the heck should I do? Its in there, all 10 pounds. HELP!
    35,000 GAL GUNITE POOL- FLAGSTONE STEPS AND FLAGSTONE TANNING LEDGE- KIDNEY BEAN SHAPE- 4-10 FT DEEP- TWO SKIMMERS-THREE WATERFALLS, 4 FLOOR DRAINS
    DUAL PUMP SETUPS- 1 HP MOTORS- DUAL SAND FILTERS-POOL HEATER, JANDY APURE1400 SWCG, POLARIS 380 W/ .75HP BOOSTER PUMP-MEMPHIS, TN

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 911- what did i just do!?!?!?!

Well, I'm sure you'll be glad to know you aren't the first. Here are a sample of threads from over the years
    Turned my pool into a clothes washer...
    Wrong ArmHammer Box - Detergent
    Laundry Detergent - I swear it wasn't me.
    Laundry Detergent
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! been scooping foam since I first noticed! drained about 500 gal and am pumping in some fresh. Adding bleach now too...is it really gonna take two weeks to fix this??
    Last edited by tim5055; 07-26-2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Language
    35,000 GAL GUNITE POOL- FLAGSTONE STEPS AND FLAGSTONE TANNING LEDGE- KIDNEY BEAN SHAPE- 4-10 FT DEEP- TWO SKIMMERS-THREE WATERFALLS, 4 FLOOR DRAINS
    DUAL PUMP SETUPS- 1 HP MOTORS- DUAL SAND FILTERS-POOL HEATER, JANDY APURE1400 SWCG, POLARIS 380 W/ .75HP BOOSTER PUMP-MEMPHIS, TN

4. Back To Top    #4

230AM Update: All surface foam appears to be out.

Method: Wife with net on pole/scooping out skimmer. Me in pool with water hose. Shut off all pump valves except for skimmer. Spray surface foam with water hose to direct it to skimmer and rake it out as it collects.

Got pH back to 7.5 then added bleach to get to theoretical 24PPM in my salt water pool. Probably exchanged a total of 500-800 gallons of water pumping out to sewer and replenishing with hose.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Definite way to end a Monday.

5. Back To Top    #5

At least your swimsuits will be clean.
    John - 16,000 gallon | in ground | pebble | Triton II sand filter | TF100 | speedstir | Hayward Phoenix 2x

6. Back To Top    #6

Right!

Working it like ya'll are will get it cleared up pretty quick. Nice effort!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

DUDE! I am so sorry but I had to laugh! I could see your face just from your post! There are much worse things you could do to your pool. Sounds like you two make a great team! You should have thrown all of your clothes in there to wash them hehe

Nice that you know what to do to "fix" it.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    DUDE! I am so sorry but I had to laugh! I could see your face just from your post! There are much worse things you could do to your pool. Sounds like you two make a great team! You should have thrown all of your clothes in there to wash them hehe

Nice that you know what to do to "fix" it.

Lol yall are reaallllllllll funny! Its a Mountain Dew morning for sure

Well, yes my clothes are extremely clean this morning haha and the whole backyard smells like as someone quoted "pine trees and summer breezes".

A little update: I turned the waterfalls on this morning and the foam kicked up again. Gonna go home soon from work and keep scooping.

FC was at 33 (guess my calculations were a little wonky). CC was at 0.....

9. Back To Top    #9

230PM- FC tested at 24. Sunny day out. Had both pumps running all morning. Main pump was running all night.

Here is the pool as it stands. Most bubbles have gone away. You can see what the waterfalls are creating but it dissipates. Not really sure how to capture and remove it. It isn't foam per se.

10. Back To Top    #10

Well that's a beautiful pool, no matter what you dumped in!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa