Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool unlevel

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool unlevel

Ok I have 24' above ground pool. I drained my pool and put in a new liner. I'm guessing that all the water in my yard was to much. I have 4 sections of my pool that sunk it gradually goes down but it is 5" off. Looks bad. What can I do about this. I drained it and tried to lift the cram but it would not move. So I dug it a little deeper at that end and refilled and no ho water level at that end is way to high spilling over. Please help I do not have money to have someone come back and install it

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool unlevel

If it were my pool, I would disassemble it, prepare the site properly, and the rebuild the pool. We spent a great deal of time on the ground prep and it was definately worth the effort.
    Spring 2016 Install, 24'x54" Saltwater LX AG Round Pool (13500 gal.), AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump, Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Borate and Salt, Well Water.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

5" out of level is excessive and there is a good chance that pool will come over.

1" is considered the max. You need to start over.......sorry.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

You need to start over.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Drained pool and pulled liner back and put different blocked under post. Relevelef within 3/4 inch. Now pool has about 1 1/2 ft of water and climbing. Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

That was really the safest choice. Let us know how it turns out.
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

7. Back To Top    #7

Rebuilding a pool is horrible, but it's a lot easier than having to do it when everything's damaged!

You'll feel a lot better using it now. Welcome to TFP!
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.