New to forum

Jul 25, 2016
New Orleans, La
I'm a new home owner with a beautiful pool but it has so many gadgets, I don't know what to do. I can't afford a pool cleaner so I'm trying to maintain it myself. The house was vacant for years so there aren't any manuel so I google a lot & use utube. I know how to keep the pool clean, shock it, add chlorine tabs, & algaecide. The pool is rectangular (4- 8ft deep) with a spa. It has 2 spa blowers, Lite 2 pool/ spa heater, a Triton II sand filter, & an Aqua rite electronic chlorine generator. I trusted the agent when he told me all of the pool equipment was functional, he turned on a couple of switches to prove the water was flowing in the pool & the spa jets were working so I took his word. Well, the heater shows a little serviceman icon, 1 spa blower works, & the chlorine generator states, check cell. What should I do because I have a feeling this will cost me an arm & a leg!! Please advise.

Welcome to TFP, Topcat :) Your best bet is to start reading some of our basic pool school articles and learn how we manage our pools. We believe in owners doing their own testing and recommend only two kits on the market- the TF-100 or the Taylor's K-2006. I prefer the TF-100. You can see it here: TFTestkits.net

We also believe in maintaining with the least amount of pool store chemicals since we know what to buy that is the exact same chemical but much cheaper at Walmart or your local grocery store. Did you know that Alkalinity Increaser (Leslie's Pools 5 pounds for $13.99) is the *exact same chemical* as Baking Soda (Arm & Hammer 5 pounds for $3.47 at Walmart). So using our methods can save you beaucoup bucks!
:kim: <--TFP's Kimkat Cheering for a good deal

Homework- ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Again, Welcome to TFP :)

Yippee :flower: