God help me lol

Bleach loses strength as it ages or if it has been stored in the heat. Your grocery store bleach may have been fresher or stored under better conditions than the 10% you bought earlier. There is usually a date code stamped on bottles of chlorine and you can look up the code for any brand on your phone while in the store so you can buy the freshest chlorine available. Codes are slightly different for each manufacturer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't worry about your TA until you finish the slam.

Once you have finished the slam keep an eye on your ph. If your ph rises quickly then you can tackle the ta. TA buffers ph.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kk folks cya is in the sock (first 2lbs) and then retest to see where I'm at, hopefully adding the cya slows the rate of which I'm adding bleach? on the other hand my pool is sparkling again, will post pics here in a bit

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

A cya of 30 is perfect for a slam. Test fc and add bleach to keep fc at slam levels several times a day. Brush daily and backwash only when your pressure rises 25% above your clean preasure. Check the chlorine cya chart in my signature. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It can take up to a week for all the CYA to fully dissolve and show up in the test. If you were adding it yesterday it's best to give it a few days and then retest again before deciding if and or how much to add.
It's easy to add to much and troublesome to drain and refill to lower.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.