Question about using Bromine

Jul 24, 2016
Fayetteville
So I purchased a home about 2 months ago, and the spa was completely empty (apparently they shut it completely down during the summertime.)

I did not know about this site yet, so I simply filled it up, then took my water into the local pool store...................

They gave some stuff to put in, don't remember exactly what, and it seemed to balance out fairly well, according to the follow-up reading. Since then I have been adding a bromine tablet about every 2-3 days to the little basket, and was checking the bromine level every few days with this cheap kit that I had purchased. (I have a better kit on the way currently)

Anyway, took a sample to the local pool store yesterday and got the following readings:

Bromine- 2
Ca Hardness 90
Tot Alk 30
pH 7.2
tds 425

My question is about the "bromine reserve". I'm not sure I ever completed this step. Also, I have never shocked it, or put anything else in it.

The water seems to be clear and odorless.

My question is, what should I be doing from this point forward?

I've already ordered an adjustable floating tablet dispenser, since that seems to be the recommended way to go. I also realize I need to increase the CA Hardness and total alk. My main concern right now is with the sanitizer though. Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.