Is it OK ? I am a new owner of pool ...

Jul 25, 2016
toronto
I bought a house with a beautiful pool . After played twice last week , I begin to double about water quality. Today I get some tester ... Who can help to read ?

Thanks a lot .

609b6d0b701962812319ae925a8a8407.jpg
72895e4502a3e3c21234636d6a4837f1.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We at TFP teach people to maintain their pools based on one critical thing: accurate test results. Unfortunately, test strips like you have do not qualify as accurate and are really not much better than guessing. If you want to take control of your pool and prevent problems, I highly recommend you invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits. The K-2006 might be your only option given your location north of the border.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Trying to read test strips in person is a guess at best. Trying to read them on a pic on who knows what kind of display is a disaster. Your best interpretation is the best you can hope for. But, it isn't very good unfortunately.

It is safe to swim when
FC is above minimum for your CYA so the pool is sanitary
FC is below shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]
PH Is between 7.2 and 7.8
Water is clear

Hey nice kit- the general order to perform the tests is

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA- should be performed on a sunny day, back to the sun at waist height

It is the same order on the test instructions. Post your results for us to look at if you like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.