New to the site

Jul 24, 2016
Fayetteville
Hello!

I recently purchased a home that came equipped with a pool AND a spa, so I'm having to learn both pretty quick!

I actually stumbled upon this site when my Aqua-rite system started acting funny. Instead of calling in the experts right away figured I'd do a little Googling first, and thanks to this site I figured out that it was just a little $9 component that needed to be replaced.

A little about me....34 years old, formerly married, one 9 year old son, and an awesome girlfriend. We're both pharmacists, so 'hopefully' all of this chemistry stuff shouldn't be TOO hard to figure out!

I look forward to learning from the wise ones on here, and hopefully spreading some knowledge somewhere later down the road.

Thanks!

Welcome. It's a piece of cake learning your pools personality. With the proper test kit you will learn and only have to add what yoir pool needs. Plus with yoir job you have an understanding of active ingredients. The pool store will sell you a 4lb tub of TA up for $16. You can get baking soda for 49 cents a pound. If you do get algae it's not a one time product the pool store sells. It's a process. Just like feeling better on the second day of a Z pack. Learn and ask questions. We all started in the same boat.