Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Amount of salt for a new SWCG system.

1. Back To Top    #1

Amount of salt for a new SWCG system.

Hello!

I am going back to a SWCG but I need to know how much salt I need to start up the system. I can get 40# bag of pool salt at my local Lowes.
    the pool is in ground, plaster 15,000 gallons.

Thanks!
    15k Gal. ig Pool & Spa quartz plaster, Hayward super pump II 2.5 HP, Hayward 425 sf. cartridge filter,
    PS-4 Goldline automation, SWG(not working) using liquid chlorine now, Hayward 250k BTU propane spa heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Amount of salt for a new SWCG system.

You will want to get it to around 3200 ppm but in order to figure that out using poolmath, you need to know how much salt you already have, so I would test it first.
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

There is no salt on it . Been on Liquid chlorine for almost 2 years, I am starting with a new cell now. Thanks!

15k Gal. ig Pool & Spa quartz plaster, Hayward super pump II 2.5 HP, Hayward 425 sf. cartridge filter,
    PS-4 Goldline automation, SWG(not working) using liquid chlorine now, Hayward 250k BTU propane spa heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Pepo View Post
    There is no salt on it . Been on Liquid chlorine for almost 2 years, I am starting with a new cell now. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I should have been more detailed. You will be surprised how much salt you have in there from liquid chlorine. I was! (and I overshot my salt level because of it).

I bought the Taylor salt test but I do believe that this is one parameter that the pool store tends to get right. So you might have them test
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner