First testing with TF100 tester..now what

OK now I am totally 100% lost..my reading last night was FC 14 & CC 0.. this morning it was FC 11 & CC 0.. I added 2 3/4 cups of shock with a target of FC 12.. I added the shock about an hour ago & I just tested it & my FC was still at 11.. should I add more shock or wait awhile

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

My readings last night were FC 14 & CC 0.. this morning they were FC 11 & CC 0.. I added 2 3/4 cups of chlorine & retested after & hour & there was no change in numbers..should I add more chlorine or wait & retest again

OK now I am totally 100% lost..my reading last night was FC 14 & CC 0.. this morning it was FC 11 & CC 0.. I added 2 3/4 cups of shock with a target of FC 12.. I added the shock about an hour ago & I just tested it & my FC was still at 11.. should I add more shock or wait awhile

- - - Updated - - -

My readings last night were FC 14 & CC 0.. this morning they were FC 11 & CC 0.. I added 2 3/4 cups of chlorine & retested after & hour & there was no change in numbers..should I add more chlorine or wait & retest again

you lost 3 ppm of FC overnight to killing algae, eventually it will become close to 0, be patient. Yes, please add more chlorine to have FC back to 12, you need to maintain that level throughout entire SLAM.

I don't quite understand what you are telling me.. I am very careful when I test my water.. I don't understand where you got some of these numbers from that you are talking about..to test for my chlorine I put my water in to the 10mi mark..add my scoop of R-0870 then add my drops of R-0871 while swirling until it turns clear.. I count each drop then multiply it by 0.5 (example 12 drops = 6ppm) I put this in my pool math & it tells me how much chlorine to add..my last 3 tests have been at 8 & 9 so I have put in my 6 + cups of chlorine & it has not changed my numbers or brought my FC up to 12 ever..so what am I doing wrong.. I have been testing about an hour to a hour & 1/2 after putting chlorine in....help I am thinking I am crazy

Just jumping in here, but to recap... this morning your FC was 11 so you added 2 3/4 cups of chlorine waited 1 hour and retested FC at 11?

Assuming 12.5% and 33,000 gallon per your confirmation, 2 3/4 cups (22 ounces) of chlorine will only add 0.7 ppm of FC. I think you may be misreading the line in Pool Math. Example: FC from 8 ppm to 12 ppm requires 135 ounces, i.e. 1 gallon 1 cup or 1.1 (128 oz) jugs. Read this as 1 gallon and 1 cup OR 1.1 jugs

my last 3 tests have been at 8 & 9 so I have put in my 6 + cups of chlorine & it has not changed my numbers or brought my FC up to 12 ever..so what am I doing wrong.. I have been testing about an hour to a hour & 1/2 after putting chlorine in....help I am thinking I am crazy - 6 cups (48 ozs) would only add 1.4 ppm of FC

Don't feel stupid...i googled it to be sure! Darn Empirical system using ounces for weight and volumes. Ha, it is often our assumptions, innocently enough, that drive most of our issues. Bringing them to light in the forum allows others the opportunity to review with a fresh look. Just a learning opportunity - at least you know your testing is sound. Even in direct opposition to what you expected you didn't throw your test kit in the garbage!

I have been dissolving my powder first before my drops.. I tested FC last night & it was 12..9 hrs later went I tested it this morning it was still at 12 so I am getting close.. I know where I got that 16 oz's from.. I had just put baking soda in & 16 oz's of it made a cup so that's where my mind was..lol..not ever thinking one was a solid & the other was a liquid.. I'm on the right track now.. thanks for the help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.