Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward pump compatibility question

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward pump compatibility question

Hi everyone! New member and have read so much since 2014. Anyway, I just have a question. I think i need to soon replace my 5yr old Hayward pump (part# sp3210z1m). I see one that looks similar in Amazon and i want to know if it will fit with my plumbing etc. The pump in amazon is
    Hayward SP3210X15 TriStar

(Amazon.com : Hayward SP3210X15 TriStar Max Rate 1-1/2 HP Pool Pump : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden)

My local pool store wants to charge $350 for a new motor and seals but this pump is only $100 more. I'd hate to buy a pump this heavy and have to return it if it doesnt work.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward pump compatibility question

Why do you need to replace your current pump? If the motor is the issue, you can easily replace just the motor and not have to change any plumbing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

The bearings are getting louder and I'm always paranoid of it seizing and algae growing out of control Also, will be going on a 2 1/2 week vacation and want this fixed before. Will that amazon pump work with out much modification? I think it's the same exact pump but want to make sure.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ive always had good information given to me from Hayward support, give then a call-
    (908) 355-7995 (U.S.)
    Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes it should work fine but this might be a good time to consider a two speed pump instead.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

If Austin Energy is your power company you maybe abl to get a $300 rebate on a vs pump?

Pool Pumps
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017