Repair liner tear in salt pool

LuciGo

Aug 24, 2014
Chester, VA
Last week we had strong winds and our table and umbrella ended up in the pool. Last night we noticed a 1" tear about a foot down from the water level, presumably from this storm. We patched the tear, however I'm concerned about leaking salt water for a week will now destroy the pool wall. We already have rusty areas and the pool is only almost 3 years old.

When we bought the pool we were told it was "Made for Salt Water" which I now think was a lie. What can we do to help the pool last as long as possible? (I love the salt water and want to keep it!)

Appreciate your input!

I have a 27'x54" round Outback Genesis.

With the liner in the pool not much.

With the liner out you can paint the walls with all sorts of different things from simple spray paint to heavy rust inhibitor paints.

You can also install dry wells and french drains in a\the area around your pool to keep the ground water away. That is probably the most important thing you can do to protect your pol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.