Hi! I am a first time very small pool owner. I have one of those easy set intex pools. It's only 2 1/2 foot deep. Went out of town for the weekend and I guess the chlorine ran out, and had major green algae. Bought algaecide that turned it milky color and then shocked. Have shocked about three times now. My test kit only tests ph and chlorine and the ph is right and the chlorine only measures up to eight, but it is way more yellow than the 8. The water simply will not clear up. I've been reading a lot that the liquid shock is better than the powder or to just use bleach. I just don't want to over do it. Some products I've read on have stated that over dosing the chemical can cause more cloudiness. Since it is such a small pool, I am tempted to just drain, scrub and refill and start over with the right chemicals since I've done a bit of research now, but I live with my mom and she is very worried about the water bill. ( It's only a 2500 gallon pool) But her house, her rules. I'm cleaning my filter out at least twice a day. More if I'm off from work. It's constantly pulling white slime out but it's been like this for about a week and a half now. Am I missing something? Should I do something different?