Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Piece of skimmer floating under basket

1. Back To Top    #1

Piece of skimmer floating under basket

Found this floating under our skimmer basket last night. The numbers indicate it's a piece of the skimmer, but I can't quite tell where it belongs or how problematic it is that it's now sitting in my kitchen. Advice?
    Attachment 52559
    Inherited 30k gal IG gunite black bottom pebble w/ waterfall & attached spa, built 1993ish; Pump: Pentair Intiliflo VS pump; SWCG: Pentair IC60; Filter: Pentair FNS Plus 60 SQFT DE; Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 400,000btu; Robot: Dolphin Nautilus Plus; Waterfall Pump: Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP; Testing: TFTest Kit TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Piece of skimmer floating under basket

For more color, I found this which references (& shows) the piece in question as it pertains to our old Anthony Pool. But I still don't really get what it is or what I should be doing with it. http://blog.poolcenter.com/article.aspx?articleid=6327

Old Style Anthony Skimmers used a long diverter that screws into a single, center hole, or sometimes they used a two-hole skimmer and plugged the hole on the pool side. With a 1/4 turn of the diverter, you take it from Full Main Drain to Full Skimmer. This design was fairly effective to control the skimmer and main drain flow, as long as the diverter was being used. Winterizing an Anthony skimmer requires two plugs, an extended #8 to plug the drain, and a #10 to plug the skimmer (at the top of the hole). Or you can use a double-plug to winterize an old style Anthony skimmer.
    Inherited 30k gal IG gunite black bottom pebble w/ waterfall & attached spa, built 1993ish; Pump: Pentair Intiliflo VS pump; SWCG: Pentair IC60; Filter: Pentair FNS Plus 60 SQFT DE; Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 400,000btu; Robot: Dolphin Nautilus Plus; Waterfall Pump: Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP; Testing: TFTest Kit TF-100