Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: is mudjacking a viable option for a pool deck surrounding a gunite pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

is mudjacking a viable option for a pool deck surrounding a gunite pool.

We have a gunite pool and over the past several years a couple of sections of the pool decking has heaved away from the edge. Is mudjacking a viable alternative for repair? I received a quote for mudjacking but have heard it shouldn't be done. Not knowing what I don't know... what are the pros and cons.
    thanks
    RwG184

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: is mudjacking a viable option for a pool deck surrounding a gunite pool.

Welcome to TFP!

This is one of those things I'd love to say will work, but with the pressures involved I'm not sure it wouldn't damage the pool wall.

I feel,the only way to be certain would be for an engineer to run the calculations. But, with the engineers report comes a cost. Not only their time, but the cost of their liability insurance.

Have you thought about estimates for replacing those sections? It might be interesting to see the comparison.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the welcome. So I should be concerned with pressures even with a gunite pool?
    I have reached out to several of the local Buffalo NY concrete contractors who do pool work and am on the waiting list for a another couple of weeks before they can come out. The local mudjacking company has quoted me $1500 to do the one full side of our pool where it is really sloping away from the edge.
    RwG184

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Are the mudjacking guys willing to stand behind their work? How long have they been in business? Nobody here will know as much about it as they do.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I am in the same situation as you are. I have couplenof deck sections there below the coping. I am also scared about damage to the pool plumbing from mudjacking. Interested to hear what you willl find out
    25000 gal plaster pool with attached hot tub
    Pentair MAX heater
    Hayward variable speed pump